Randy routinely practices in state and federal court, where he tries cases to verdict in both bench and jury trials. Randy also offers advice to both public and private clients on matters related to policy and litigation. In addition, Randy has been successful finding resolution through alternative dispute resolution processes, including mediations, arbitrations, and judicial settlement conferences–this success stems from his ability to evaluate the likely outcomes of his cases and advise his clients accordingly.
He has experience advising governmental agencies on issues concerning the intersection of public policy and available legal remedies. In addition, Randy has handled and advised his clients on complex litigation matters, including in areas of construction, residential and commercial real estate disputes, commercial leases, employment, liability defense, and insurance coverage. Randy also understands how to work with law enforcement and governmental agencies to provide complete relief to clients when necessary, and regularly coordinates with government attorneys and employees to help streamline results for his clients.
Prior to joining Frith Anderson + Peake, Randy practiced for several years at mid-sized firms in Richmond, Virginia, and prior to that he served in the Office of the Attorney General of Virginia where he practiced as an Assistant Attorney General in the Civil Litigation Division. After graduating from law school, he began his practice by clerking for the Honorable John M. Tran in the Fairfax Circuit Court.
Randy has litigated throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, and is excited to support Frith Anderson + Peake’s growing litigation presence in Richmond, Hampton Roads, and Northern Virginia, where he has significant practice experience.
- University of Lynchburg (B.A., high honors)
- William & Mary Law School (J.D.)
Areas of Practice:
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Lease Disputes
- Commercial Real Estate Litigation
- Coverage Analysis and Opinions
- Declaratory Judgment Actions
- Employment Litigation
- Liability Defense
- Residential Real Estate Litigation
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Inductee of the Order of Barristers, 2017
- Member – American Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Significant Service Award, 2022
- Virginia Rising Stars, 2024
- Virginia State Bar Bench Bar Committee Co-Chair, Celebration of Women and Minorities in the Law 2020-2023
- Virginia State Bar District Representative, Young Lawyer’s Conference, 2019-2020
- Member – Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Virginia Poverty Law Center, Pro Bono Volunteer Counsel
- Member – Fairfax Bar Association
- Member – Richmond Bar Association
MORE ABOUT RANDY
A native of Richmond, Virginia, Randy lived and worked in every corner of the Commonwealth before returning to his hometown years ago to start his practice. He is a student pilot and is currently training in his free time to become certified as a private pilot, and is a member of a local flying club. Randy is also an avid nature lover, and enjoys spending his time hiking and camping.