Katherine Londos has 25 years of experience defending lawsuits throughout Virginia’s state and federal courts. She has extensive first-chair trial experience defending nursing homes, assisted-living facilities, and other healthcare institutions against malpractice claims, including those involving wrongful death, resident falls, decubitus ulcers, medication errors, elopement and other negligence claims. She is also well versed on the regulatory atmosphere in which healthcare facilities operate, and the enforceability of nursing home arbitration provisions. Katherine has successfully compelled nursing home malpractice lawsuits into arbitration on many occasions.
Throughout her career, Katherine has defended all types of personal-injury and wrongful-death lawsuits, including automobile-liability, trucking-accidents, products-liability, premises-liability, and other general negligence claims. Katherine also has extensive experience defending business-tort claims, including civil-conspiracy and defamation claims. Her many years defending insureds on behalf of insurance companies have made her particularly effective at handling insurance-coverage litigation. Katherine’s extensive experience handling high-profile, high-stakes litigation is invaluable to clients and insurance carriers facing complex litigation.
Katherine is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, an invitation-only organization of trial lawyers, and is AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Denison University (B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
- Washington & Lee University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
Areas of Practice:
- Auto, Boating & Recreational Vehicle Liability
- Coverage Analysis and Opinions
- Declaratory Judgment Action
- Fraud Analysis Including Exams Under Oath
- Long Term Care/ Nursing Home Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability/Dangerous/Defective Products
- Professional Liability
- Connecticut, (not active)
- Ms. Londos is a frequent speaker to nursing home, assisted living and other long term care organizations. She also speaks frequently to claims associations and claims professionals on all aspects of defending tort claims in Virginia.
Professional Honors, Affiliations and Activities:
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rated
- Member – American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Federal Bar Association
- Listed in the 21st Edition of Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Member – Virginia Law Foundation
- Member – Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys (former member of Board of Directors)
- Member – Virginia Health Care Association (VHCA)
- Member – Virginia Association of Non-Profit Homes for the Aging (VANHA)
- Member – Virginia Bar Association; Committee on Federal Judgeships for Western District of Virginia
- Member – Roanoke Bar Association
- Leadership Roanoke Valley – Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Master of Bench and Bar, Emeritus – The Ted Dalton American Inn of Court